Sunday, February 12, 2012

Dead. Brandon’s dead.

Wasn’t gonna come back. Too much shame. No one wants a failed hero. I’m dead though. Maybe there’s value in a dead man. These are my last words.

Went back to our safehouse. I’d left to meet a runner. Passed her some money. My last good deed. I stepped into the house. An arrow of blood painted on the wall. I knew. I still followed. The arrows took me 
to the bedroom. Brandon was there. Neck snapped.

Just like Caleb. Just like my son.

Black feathers on the floor spelled “Run”. So I am. I’m in my car, almost out of town. I’m still not safe.

I know this is it. I feel it. Even so, I’m not done running.

Never stop running.

Never stop.

1 comment:

  1. You should have hidden. Running made it possible to track you. Too bad you were so afraid.

    ReplyDelete